Theme frameworks make your life easy when it comes to developing a WordPress powered website. They provide a robust foundation for building a theme you’ve in your mind, with all the right set of tools to help you get started. However, while opting for a theme framework, there are certain parameters you must be better aware of in order to make your development endeavor more effective while letting your creative abilities shine.
As more and more framework options becoming noticeable each day, you need to have an understanding which framework ranks better and which is not. While looking for a framework, you need to make sure whether it can handle your project well. You need to know your chosen framework inside and out to gain knowledge of its functioning than others. So, to answer all these questions, here I am presenting you a handy comparison between three topnotch WordPress theme frameworks, so that you make a wise choice and find out which one works best for you.
When reviewing the frameworks, we will take into consideration the following key points:
- Flexibility A framework should be flexible enough to help you achieve whatever you wish to. It must be robust enough to handle a project efficiently and comes packed with all the valuable options to let you perform your job faster and easier.
- Responsive Nature Due to the proliferation of mobile devices, targeting mobile audience has become a priority for the online players. Make sure that whatever the framework you opt for, it should have all the responsive features builtin so that you can serve the needs of your mobile users.
- User Experience The ease with which a framework provides for developing the theme. Here you also need to analyze how much available the support team is. Also, the options you need to play around while developing your theme.
Genesis is a leading theme framework available with more than 86,000 users worldwide. This powerful framework is perfect for anyone who is related to theme development. The framework is bristled with a plethora of features that help both designers and developers to maintain the pace of their work.
Genesis has already gained significant grounds into the web development realm and keeps on reinventing itself to give you an unprecedented control over theme creation. Launched by StudioPress, its topnotch code architecture lets search engines index your content, while its turn-key design provides you an array of magnificent frames to render your content.
Highlighting Features Include:
- 40 custom design templates
- 6 page layouts
- Clean and SEOfriendly code base
- Huge community support
- Ease of development
- Free update, unlimited support
Titled as the most “delicious” theme framework around, Cherry Framework is a best way of developing truly modern and elegant WordPress themes. Fully responsive and easy to install, it comes with six custom post types. In addition, it requires you to the install Contact Form 7 plugin. In addition to these, it also features nine custom widgets ranging from Ads to vCard. Cherry Framework provides a much better way to personalize visual appearance and functionality of your theme.
Highlighting Features Include
- It’s just easy and quick to install
- More than 100 builtin options related to typography, theme appearance, logo, navigation and so on.
- Amazing customer support
3. Thesis 2.0
Although Thesis 2.0 isn’t as popular as Genesis, it’s still a great option for building a truly responsive, SEOfriendly WordPress theme. The framework is known for its awesome search engine capabilities and features an amazing suite of features and capabilities thus letting you create your theme in the manner most effective. The framework is perfect for both beginners and seasoned developers who want more than just a beautiful site. Thesis is all about three noticeable features. They are boxes, skins, and site tools. Skins will let you play around eyecatching designs you can add to your website. You can adjust them with the help of visual template editor with better control and speed. Boxes are widgets that allow you add functionalities. Lastly, site tools let you optimize your website for Google search engines.
Highlighting Features Include:
- Fully responsive
- Can be optimized for search engines
- A handy collection of smart designs
- Patentpending color scheme picker for better customization ability
Price: : $87 Thesis Basic; $164 Thesis Basic Plus; $197 Thesis Professional
To Sum Up
Hopefully, you’ve gained a pretty good understanding of the three above mentioned frameworks. Choose the one which lets you build a highly customizable website, with a userfriendly interface, and strong functionalities.